Saturday 10 May 2008

Meeting Graham

Things are still up in the air everywhere. Not to mention me. I haven't written anything for some time because I can't even use words properly recently. I'm misspelling everything - and that's if I'm lucky enough to pick the right word.

So I've had a job interview, just for Blockbusters but it will hopefully chase the boredom away. If I get it. The guy interviewing was shaking, forgetting his words and wouldn't look at me. I guess he wasn't used to doing job interviews, but it was strange. I wondered once or twice if I'd done something.

Haven't heard from my brother at all. He's coming around tomorrow or Monday. Maybe both.

And today I met Graham Masterton! Horror writer, well... everything writer. He's most well known for horror and for sex guides (he was/is editor of Mayfair, Penthouse and Penthouse forum I believe?) I even got my old copy of Walkers signed, which was amazing for me. We talked briefly and he was lovely. It was nice to meet a writer who does more writing than networking - so much of the horror community (aside from the larger names) seems to be a internet and convention version of secondary school. I don't think I'm keen to live that, or similar, again.

Also whilst in the shop I walked by and casually saw a book in stock I've been waiting for for six months. It's not supposed to be out until August so either it's been pushed forward (something released early instead of late? Strange and sinister...) or a big mistake has been made. I'm happy enough it's mine now. Going to devour it shortly over some extra chewy chocolate chip cookies.

Just been writing non stop really, but that's got to be good. Aside from the fact my general IQ is reminding me of retro video games - Lemmings to be precise.

Oh. And I'm finally gaining an appreciation for sunny weather.
Sun-lounger + Cat + Book = Happy.

No comments: